Everyone wants to save a little money, right? Sometimes, when it comes to real estate sales, people try to save a little by deciding to go the “For Sale by Owner” route. While this may work for some, it could end up costing you in the long run. So, you may want to know, why should you use a Realtor? Here are six good reasons brought to you by D4 Realty and realtor.com.
- They have loads of expertise – Want to search for something specific? Real estate has it’s own language and D4 agents speak the jargon fluently. Also, buying or selling requires a bunch of forms. D4 Realtors are familiar with all of these. They can help you prepare a great deal and avoid costly mistakes.
- They have super search power – Yes, everyone can search these days online. But, D4 Realtors have access to even more listings than your average human. Sometimes properties are available, but not actively advertised. Also, your realtor is equipped to know the ins and outs of specific areas and neighborhoods, so you don’t waste time looking at the wrong things.
- They are negotiators – If you have an agent, you get to sit back and be the nice guy while they do all the negotiation work for you. Chances are there will be some negotiation required in a real estate transaction. Sometimes there are bidding wars, cutthroat tactics, all cash offers and more. Do you want to deal with that solo?
- They are connected to everyone – Sometimes it’s who you know, not what you know. D4’s agents are connected to mortgage brokers, real estate attorneys, home inspectors, home stagers, photographers and more.
- They adhere to a code of ethics – Not all real estate agents are Realtors. A Realtor is a licensed agent who belongs to the National Association of Realtors the largest trade group in the country. Realtors are held to a higher ethical standard and must adhere to a code of ethics.
- They are so much more than just a Realtor – They are your marketing, they spend money getting your home in front of people. They are your first set of eyes. They go around checking listings for you. If it doesn’t fit the bill, your time is not wasted. They work on deals by researching comps and making sure you don’t spend too much or that you get enough for your home. Sometimes, they’re even your therapist and they listen to all the challenges that arise during these transitional times.
So, when it comes to working with a Realtor, there are so many great reasons why it’s a good idea. Also, we have formed some great friendships and long lasting relationships with many of the people who we have helped buy a home or sell a property.