The Look of Land for Sale
A home shows and sells more efficiently with proper curb appeal and staging. Land is no different. With land, you want to make that same positive impact. You want to make a good first impression and make sure people come for a closer look.
While people don’t expect land to be perfect, there are probably things that you can do to make a vast improvement. Sometimes people get so used to looking at something that they don’t even see it. Here are a few things that may help get your land the look that will sell.
- Clean Up – It may seem obvious, but this doesn’t always happen. Often with large pieces of land, other people will put trash there or dump it on the side of the road. Also, there may be things that have been there for a while that no one got around to cleaning up. Left over items from a logging operation, litter from someone’s camping trip. Take a close look and clean up anything and everything you can.
- Clear the Way – If you have limbs or branches blocking roads or trails, clear them away. You want potential buyers to be able to fully access your property.
- Bush Hog – If you don’t have the equipment, hire someone who does. You don’t want your property to look overgrown and out of control.
- Keep it in order – If you have barns or out buildings, treat these like the “house” of the property. Keep things neat and organized. Put things up on shelves. Hang things up. This can go a long way in keeping a good first impression. This also applies to deer stands. Cut the weeds around the bottom. Make sure there’s nothing that’s been left underneath them.
- Fix the gate – You want to make a good impression from the get-go. If you have a gate, make sure it’s in working order and if it’s not, fix it or replace it.
Try to take a look at your land as if you’re seeing it for the first time. Try to find and fix the things you see with these fresh eyes and go from there.
If you’d like to see some of the land that we have listed, you can check out all of our land listings here.